My diary from Day Five, Election Day 2020.
Finally, the Trump administration got hit by the train of inevitability—after five long, grueling days and nights punctuated by scrarescrolling through Twitter.
All images iPhone 11
All images CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 by
J. Martin | betweendrafts.com
After crying off, for an hour or two, my accumulated adrenaline in tankertruck volumes, I embarked on a spiritual journey through my gin and tonic collections, assisted by my trusty friends tortilla and guacamole. This is how the night developed.
- Aviation American Dry Gin, Henry’s, lemon slice
- Gin Mare, Spain, neat
- Ginstr Stuttgart Dry Gin, Fever-Tree Elderflower, orange zest
- Roku Japanese Craft Gin, Henry’s, lime slice
- Harahorn Norwegian Small Batch Gin, Fever-Tree Premium Indian, blueberries
Short scampi break.
- Gin de Cologne, handcrafted, Germany, Fever-Tree Mediterranean, lime slice
Brief ice cream break.
- Cubical by Botanic Dry London Gin, England/Spain, Fever-Tree Premium Indian, orange zest
That’s it for tonight. Not wanting to push too hard this time. A night cap would be great, e.g., an Asahi Super Dry, an original Kirin Ichiban, a Tsingtao, a San Miguel, or a Miller Lite on the rocks. But alas, I didn’t plan for this!
As soon as we can have a party, after Covid-19, we can get really serious together.
Good night, everybody—a toast to a better America, a toast to a better world!
Election Day (Day Five): A Gin Journey